Thursday, December 30, 2010

Master Combination Lock Magnetic

DECADE

Yes, dear friends, the 2010 is inexorably toward its end and with it the decade commonly referred to as "the year 2000." In these last days of December, between fantastic dinners with the family, it is normal to take stock of the year drawing to a close, although in many media, digital or traditional, I have found this summary of ten years, with shocking images recreating best and worst moments of this tumultuous new century.

But quietly, in the entry number 90 of the blog is not going to talk about what has happened to me in this decade. As long as you mention something happened in a year that said goodbye in a few hours. A year full of ups and downs, both personally, professionally and even literary, but fortunately for me and those around me began to emerge slightly, hovering a shy face behind the dark clouds that have accompanied us during these 365 days.

Worldwide, to a greater or lesser extent, has deeply affected this global crisis is all encompassing. A crisis that has many unlikely to improve, so we continue to pitch in (even if we remove the desire to know we are in it because many unscrupulous businessmen, accompanied by the political class who looked the other way in good times, unable today, either in Spain or elsewhere, to pull the car forward to get us off the hook). Only in this way we can survive this tough stage, a painful stop on the way the only thing that can make us more stronger and better, but we must be prepared for any contingency.

If the crisis affects all sectors, I will tell the topic publisher. We discussed about their deep problems in a previous post on I will not elaborate, but we all hope that the storm abates and at least, although not a booming renaissance, if we can go back at least to a time more conducive to our interests.

Not to bore you too much, and noticing my becoming strictly literary, I will say that in 2010 I made progress, though of course not everything we had hoped. It was not until recent months when I really aware of what they seek in agencies and publishing houses, so I came back to make substantial revisions and corrections of my first two novels, chapters also restructured in some cases, with the intention of trying to achieve that goal that we sometimes see so close but yet so far. Now is when I'm done to understand the mechanisms that drive the editorial machinery, these hidden springs for novel are like an ocean unfathomable when we get into flour, oblivious to everything that surrounds a world unknown to many but you want to access.

The only downside is that it took me long to realize this. Since I have mentioned on occasion that the latest versions of my novels have able to cross the rigid filters agencies and / or publishing two or three years ago, but now is almost unthinkable. I was late, we're going to do. Even renowned writers, with three and four published works, are having a lot of trouble posting, so imagine the rookies. The companies do not risk at this time so bad, so you just have to wait. This situation can not last forever, and we must be prepared for when our real time.

nickel Besides giving these two works to fight on equal terms with many others that have the same desire I had time in 2010 to write other things. I started a third work I stopped momentarily set aside to assail a sudden idea that it should undertake without fail. I did it differently in my writing over the years. I listened to Stephen King and I dropped everything I had inside, without looking back or correct a single word. Baring my soul and wrote like crazy, finishing the first draft of the manuscript in three months of summer, which, between vacations and other matters, would use at most 50 or 60 days. A milestone I am proud, but I know I have a tough task ahead if they want that rough scope chrysalis butterfly category.

The other piece that I left half surprised me to reread. Not only because I like the plot and to see possibilities, but improved his style and because he did not remember writing length: 140 pages 12 font double spaced. Almost half a novel that will have to assess if I return in early 2011, although many other ideas relentlessly attacking my mind: a historical frame, another spy, one of adventure, another thriller, a detective, not forgetting another mystery in recent days, a possible series of juvenile novels. You see my mind at rest, only I have to study the pros and cons calmly before attacking the next target.

This year I just continued to feed in the literary world, reaching known, both virtually and in person, many interesting people who move within a sector that I have more clear every day that I belong, and lots of lights and shadows that I find along the way: writers, editors, bloggers, journalists, writers, literary agents and like-minded people with whom I could make contact with over 2010. A highly enriching experience and I recommend to everyone.

a result I was able to attend interesting literary events, performances, events and celebrations related to the theme of events at the Book Fair of Madrid, Getafe Black, Spring Award galas, Llanes or Algaba, various cultural festivals and endless Presentations literature where the love of literature is the centerpiece of almost every menu. That way I could tell you after these experiences on the blog, sharing with you all these great moments and even taking me a pleasant surprise that those accounts were mentioned with appreciation on their personal pages by writers such as Lorenzo Silva and Pedro de Paz . Another reason to keep working hard, looking hopefully achieve that goal someday.

During this past year I have also continued to work with various digital media, and I even had time to immerse myself in other cultural projects that caught my attention. The fact I'm just delighted with it and very pleased with the results, so I hope that in 2011 this will crescendo.

already have time to thoroughly evaluate all this once after the holidays. And is that by changing habits, and for the first time in my life, the early hours of the new year will pass in a place far removed from my home or a family member. A place in warmer latitudes where, in addition to forget the rain and cold typical of these dates, try to charge the batteries to face a tough year, but I hope also full of satisfactions.

Until then I wish everyone happy holidays and a good input and output year. Enjoy these days in the company of your loved ones, longing for the arrival of these wise men to fill you with gifts. And, of course, I hope that 2011 will fulfill all our dreams and we can keep sharing them.

HAPPY NEW YEAR!

0 comments:

Post a Comment